Sunday 7 December 2008

Ticketmaster, What a Pile of Wankers

Ok, first proper post so it may as well be a rant.

Basically I bought tickets to go see Born Ruffians in Whelan's on Friday November 14th. The gig was cancelled and I was emailed saying I would be refunded the money for the tickets (I bought them online with Laser) within 5-10 working days. That was about a week before the gig. It has now been over a month, I have called Ticketmaster twice and there is still no money in my account.

I've been using ticketmaster for years and have never had a problem. I had occasionally heard about people having issues before but usually it was resolved reasonably quickly. For me this is a big problem for two reasons. Firstly, I have generally have no money so money back would be nice. Secondly, and this is the worst for me, is that Ticketmaster have a monopoly on tickets in Ireland (Yes we have WAV but that just covers small gigs in Whelans and The Village). This means that even though I'm annoyed over the fact that they have essentially taken my money and given me nothing in return, unless I stop going to gigs there is no other other choice than to keep buying from Ticketmaster.

I don't know if anyone else feels the same but we really need someone to step up, take on the behemoth that is ticketmaster and provide another way of getting tickets.

Rant over.

No comments: